Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Beginning

Blog registered but I don't know when I will write my next post. I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself unless absolutely necessary to express it but I am asked to change. Hence, the beginning of my rantings here.

A lot of my writings over the years were in notebooks and files (when internet was not the "in" thing yet). I thought of copying them here as my postings but then again, only if I am hardworking enough to even blog at all.

My interests, among many, include social, economic and political issues. I believe that any improvements, if necessary, should be affected from the core of the problem. Sometimes, drastic measures are the only option. "Customs/traditions" is a term often abused by people for personal gains and as a result, hampers progress and evolution of any organisation or society.

The quote below inspires my work and summarises what I believe in, what I'd like to do and why I believe being in politics will change anything.

Each time a man stands up for an ideal,
or acts to improve the lot of others,
or strikes out against injustice,
he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope,
and crossing each other from a million
different centres of energy and daring,
those ripples build a current that can
sweep down the mightiest walls of
oppression and resistance.

~ Robert Kennedy, 1966

No comments: